If you are an excellent student and wish to apply to a degree program at Virginia Tech but need to improve your English skills in order to obtain the necessary TOEFL score, don’t worry — you may be eligible for conditional admission!
Our conditional admission program lets international student work toward meeting the requirements of attending Virginia Tech while stuyding at the Language and Culture Institute.
Acceptance into the program is based on an evaluation of your high school records. As a conditionally admitted student, you are accepted into your chosen program on the condition that you develop your academic English to the required standard through our Intensive English Program.
Benefits of conditional admission
- Through the Intensive English Program, you will develop many of the skills necessary for success at Virginia Tech, including research, critical thinking, and academic writing skills.
- Because the conditional admissions program allows you to start your studies at the LCI, you will have time to adjust to life in the United States.
- Challenges such as homesickness and culture shock can be dealt with before you begin your regular university coursework.
- You will have more time to explore the university and its course offerings.
- At the LCI, you will be in a comfortable, supportive environment, surrounded by faculty and advisors who have vast experience helping international students.