AdvantageVT Pathway Program
Earn university credit while improving your English
Jump-start your journey toward a bachelor’s degree at Virginia Tech!
Virginia Tech’s AdvantageVT (AVT) programs for undergraduate and graduate international students combine intensive academic skills training and language training with credit-bearing coursework. AVT is open to students who meet degree program admission requirements except the minimum language test scores. The programs feature pre-admission to participating majors and guaranteed entry upon completion of program requirements.
Students can begin AVT any semester and attend one to three semesters, depending on initial language proficiency. AVT staff provide individualized support throughout the experience, and tutoring is available when needed. Credit courses taken as part of the program are taught by Virginia Tech professors and count toward major requirements, so once students finish they are well on their way to completing their degrees!
AdvantageVT program features
- Pre-admission to Virginia Tech’s premier programs in Business, Engineering, and Science.
- Earn up to 18 credits toward your undergraduate degree.
- No SAT required for admission, no exit TOEFL required at program conclusion.
- Guaranteed entry into your undergraduate program upon successful completion.
- Begin undergraduate studies in as little as one semester.
- On-campus housing available.