AdvantageVT Pathway Program
Earn university credit while improving your English
AdvantageVT is a pathway program for international students who want to earn undergraduate credit while improving their English and academic skills.
AdvantageVT mission statement
The mission of AdvantageVT is to prepare promising international students to succeed as full-time undergraduate students at Virginia Tech. This is accomplished by helping them advance their English language and academic skills, fostering their successful integration into the Virginia Tech and local communities, and developing their intercultural competence to become exceptional citizens in the spirit of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
- Two levels, based on your English proficiency:
- LEVEL 1 (two semesters) is for students with advanced proficiency
- LEVEL 2 (three semesters) is for students with high intermediate proficiency
- Three pathways, based on interest: Business, Engineering, and Science
- Three entry dates per year — in the spring, fall, and summer
- No SAT or exit TOEFL required
- Guaranteed entry to Virginia Tech with advanced standing in your freshman year.