TOEFL Preparation Course
If you are planning on taking the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language, this course can help you improve your score. This test, more commonly called the TOEFL iBT®, measures the English proficiency of nonnative speakers of English. It is the most widely recognized test of English proficiency in the United States, accepted for admissions purposes by colleges and universities throughout the country.
The TOEFL iBT is administered in secure testing locations throughout the world, including at the LCI in Blacksburg. Unlike previous versions of the TOEFL, this test measures all four language skills — speaking, listening, reading, and writing — with an emphasis on assessing the ability to communicate in English.
Who should take this course
TOEFL Preparation is a featured elective in the Intensive English course series. You must demonstrate high-intermediate level of English proficiency and be enrolled in Intensive English core courses.
TOEFL Preparation features
- Complete overview of the course format, sections, and question types
- Vocabulary-building and extensive grammar review
- Extensive computer-based practice, including timed sample tests
- Speaking and writing drills under actual test conditions
- Skill-building tips
- Opportunity to take the TOEFL iBT on-site during the course (Blacksburg location only)