AdvantageVT-Master's Pathway Program
Jump-start your journey toward a master’s degree at Virginia Tech!
Virginia Tech’s AdvantageVT (AVT) programs for undergraduate and graduate international students combine intensive academic skills training and language training with credit-bearing coursework. AVT is open to students who meet degree program admission requirements except the minimum language test scores. The programs feature pre-admission to participating majors and guaranteed entry upon completion of program requirements.
Students can begin AVT any semester and attend one to three semesters, depending on initial language proficiency. AVT staff provide individualized support throughout the experience, and tutoring is available when needed. Credit courses taken as part of the program are taught by Virginia Tech professors and count toward major requirements, so once students finish they are well on their way to completing their degrees!
- Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics (Blacksburg)
- Computer Science (Blacksburg & Washington, D.C., Area)
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (Blacksburg)
- Mechanical Engineering (Blacksburg)
- Civil Engineering (Blacksburg)
- Accounting and Information Systems (Blacksburg)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management (Washington, D.C., Area)
- Architecture (Blacksburg and Washington, D.C., Area)
- Architecture, Concentration in Urban Design (Washington, D.C., Area)
- Urban Affairs and Planning (Blacksburg and Washington, D.C., Area)
AdvantageVT-Master’s program features
- Pre-admission to leading graduate programs in Engineering, Business, and Architecture.
- Earn up to 9 credits toward your master’s degree.
- No verbal GRE required for admission, no exit TOEFL required at program conclusion.
- Guaranteed entry into your master’s program upon successful completion.
- Begin master’s studies in as little as one semester.