Claim your role in the world
The Language and Culture Institute advances Virginia Tech's global engagement efforts by facilitating academic linkages across borders, creating strategic international partnerships, attracting the brightest talent from around the world, and creating meaningful programs that expand students’ worldviews.
Conversation classes, which start Sept. 4, are available in Chinese, French, German, and Spanish. Learn more.
The Language and Culture Institute is a gateway to Virginia Tech, committed to advancing the university’s global land-grant vision by providing campus-wide leadership and coordination in support of its international engagement efforts.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Creating and strengthening educational linkages in teaching, research, and service with international partners.
- Establishing strategic partnerships with institutions of higher learning, government agencies, industry, and nongovernmental entities.
- Recruiting the world’s foremost talent to be students and scholars at Virginia Tech.
- Developing and implementing a diverse array of educational offerings, including certificate programs and high-quality language, leadership, and intercultural training programs.
- Extending our institutional expertise in the field of international education to promote and serve the university’s global agenda.