Take the Digital TOEFL ITP Test
The TOEFL® ITP Assessment Series is a test that measures the ability of non-native speakers of English to use and understand English as it is used in college and university settings, from high-beginning to advanced levels. Only LCI students who plan to study at Virginia Tech or international students currently studying at Virginia Tech may take the TOEFL ITP at the LCI.
The test uses academic content to evaluate English skills in:
- Listening comprehension
- Structure and written expression (grammar)
- Reading comprehension
The TOEFL ITP tests are multiple-choice tests completed on a computer.
The Level 1 test (intermediate to advanced) is administered in three sections — listening comprehension, structure and written expression, and reading comprehension.
Upcoming test dates
Testing is at the LCI, starting at 9 a.m. unless otherwise noted. You must bring your passport and Hokie ID, and arrive 15 minutes early to check in.
- Email email@example.com for upcoming test dates.
How to register
You will need to do two things to register:
- Complete the registration survey you receive by email.
- Pay for the test. Note that registration fees are nonrefundable.
- A mimimum of eight students is required in order to hold a testing session.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about registration dates and deadlines.
LCI students will also receive testing notifications by email.