Mission and Goals
The mission of the Intensive English Program is to assist adult international students in meeting their personal, academic, and professional goals through intensive English language study.
- To prepare international students for admission to Virginia Tech and other U.S. institutions through rigorous, progressive English language training.
- To develop students’ English language learning strategies and critical thinking skills to promote lifelong language development.
- To educate students about U.S. culture to prepare them for success in their academic and/or professional lives in the U.S.
- To increase diversity in the university's student population by enabling outstanding international candidates to meet English language admission requirements.
- To foster integration with and enrichment of the university community, local community, and global community by providing meaningful intercultural opportunities and experiences.